Sunday, May 1, 2011

And it begins!

Welcome to Born to Fly! I am Keltey Whelan, a fourth generation cattle producer and avid show girl. My family currently raises about 100 head of purebred Maine-Anjou and Maine Influence cattle and I am actively involved in its day to day production. Although I take part in daily tasks on the ranch, my main responsibility is marketing our program. This includes everything from creating advertisements & promotional flyers, designing websites, and showing our cattle. Marketing has become a passion of mine in the last few years. I enjoy participating in marketing competitions at 4-H and Junior cattle shows, as well as promoting my family's ranch. I have also become interested and talented in graphic design, which I incorporate into many of my marketing pieces. This Fall, I will be attending the University of Lethbridge to start a Bachelor of Fine Arts. In the future, I hope that my University education can take me into a career in graphic design and social media in the agricultural industry. It is my goal to promote my business and to work with other cattlemen in promotion of theirs, and to make a name for myself in this great industry!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keltey.
    Great to see that you have your blog started. I hope that you will become a follower of ours too at http://www.highcountrycattle.blogspot.com/
    Say hi to the family.

    ReplyDelete