Friday, June 17, 2011

Foundation of Support

Many people don't understand that in order for success to be achieved at agricultural events, support is often needed from outside sources. That is where generous sponsorship comes in. The financial support and time donated from individuals and companies allows for the success of any project.

Being involved in a number of programs through my youth, I have seen first hand the impact of sponsorship. Sponsorship is a major component of the junior cattle shows that myself and many other youth regularly attend. Without it, almost everything from the general set up of the show to the prizes awarded could not be possible.
Sponsorship not only funds the planning and of projects, but can really touch those who are benefited by it. I have been so grateful that all of the shows and programs I have been involved in are possible thanks to sponsorship from generous individuals. Without so many generous donations, I probably wouldn't have received all of the commemorative prizes that I have. I find it truly generous when people will invest their time and donate their own money to benefit others.

This year, I have even seen that gratefulness in another persons eyes. In  my 4-H club, my sister and I sponsored the Reserve Jr. Sheep Showmanship banner for the clubs Achievement Day. To see the look on the little girls face who won it really touched me, and I got to understand the satisfaction that sponsors feel as well. I know I will continue sponsoring because I know how it feels to win a prize for my achievement, but also because of the appreciation and satisfaction I have felt. Sponsorship encourages young people to move ahead in life and accomplish all that they can.

Without sponsors, everything that I have achieved in the last number of years would not have been possible and I send a big thank you to all of the sponsors that have helped me get to where I am today. Your kind support is much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. It's so amazing that you and your sister are committed to giving back at such a young age! Love your comment about the look on the little girl's face when she won your banner - awesome.

    ReplyDelete